Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Economy for a College Graduate

It is obvious that the biggest battle today in order to find a job is the economy. I recently realized that there is a major difference between a job and a career. Since graduating, it has been a never ending quest of job hunting. All my life I was told by my family that all my dreams will become reality once you have a college degree, the career of your dreams will happen and with hard work and dedication dreams will be reality. Because of this comment, just like any other college student, you worked your ass off in school until that golden moment arrives, to hear your name being called to walk across the stage and get your diploma (even though in reality they send it to you by mail.. but still, nothing can't take that glory). It seems that my dreams became a nightmare when the economy hit hard and all of a sudden the job market became survival for the fittest; no one saw that coming. No one ever told me that the biggest enemy after getting your degree is the economy. Realistically, the competition to be hired these days are tougher than ever. I am still competing finding a job with the people I graduated with, the people that graduated after me, the people that graduated recently, and the thousands of people who lost their jobs in this emotionally devastating global condition- The Economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment